Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Looking Back

I am fairly green in this blogging thingy. The good thing about it is I'm enjoying it a lot. I treat it as an outlet of my emotions and sometimes therapy for my wounded ego. Most of the time though, giving my 2 cents is enough to feed my need to share info.. Friends, the following is the very first blog i posted in friendster some months back. I suppose its obvious how I was feeling back then.

i am a traveler

I’ve always believed i am a traveler. what matters to me the most is the journey and not the destination. i have always tried to give it my all in everything that i do however difficult the challenges maybe. i am proud of my achievements and prouder still of my failures for without them, i am nothing but an ordinary joe without any depth.

I would say life has been kind to me for i have had the chance to travel far and wide. i have met people of various ways and even got the chance to mingle intimately with some. and in all these journeys, i have learned a lot. i have learned how it feels to hate, how it feels to be angry, desperate, betrayed confused, depressed with the people around me , with the situation i am in, with the person i am intimate with.

but above all the things i have learned, there are things that will stand out the most and that is having learned how , to trust, to care, to love, to hope. because you see, without these things, how can one enjoy traveling?

one must TRUST that every step he takes will lead him somewhere worthwhile….

one must CARE enough of what he is doing; for that is the very essence of the whole endeavor…

one must LOVE the people he meets, the things he sees and encounters for they serve as the fuel that propels you to continue on..

one must HOPE that everything will go well and stay the same for the longest possible time for without it, the traveler would need to take the first step among many in a yet another journey……..

sadly my friends, i travel again!!



Please feel free to comment on this topic. I'm sure your piece of mind will help straighten my thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, one must travel with an open mind, an open heart and eyes wide open as well. Happy sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saruman,

    Hi, fellow traveler. You've a nice perspective in life. I like you already. I feel the same, you know? Love, trust, hope and care are good things to live by as we travel through life. We only pass this way once and we may never have the chance to meet again.

    It pays to be a decent human being despite our personal failings. All the time.

    Nice to connect with you through blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete