Sunday, September 20, 2009

new beginnings.....

I have always been fickle-minded in almost everything i do. Most of my friends and family jokingly describe me as s being a "jack of all trades but a master of none".. ..this admittedly is very true. I have always thought I was in control and that all of my decisions are good but most often than not the outcome of these decisions would prove me wrong. I don't feel any regrets though knowing I'm still breathing and very much alive. I believe, anything that don't kill you can only make you stronger. I just try to be extra careful nowadays.



Being fickle-minded as I have previously pointed out definitely has chipped a lot off my shoulders over the years. One instance is about a decision I made when I was still a college student. I fell attracted to two particular women in my class. I knew they felt the same way towards me as well ... at least the attraction was mutual but God!, 2 girls? Whew! Anyway... i decided to choose between the two. Needless to say, I chose wrong and i ended up bagging neither of the two.... and offending at least one of them because of how i handled "my dilemma" Talk about twists of fate huh?



14 years and a few relationships later, I chanced upon the one "I did not choose" in cyberspace. Actually, i looked for her relentlessly until I finally located her. We started chatting and communicating. Then I made another decision... I apologized for the offense I made. I groped for words big time! I didn't know where to start or how but somehow I mustered the courage to lay my cards and present them to her. Until now she says she hasn't forgiven me for the incident. Nevertheless I invited her to come over our house to celebrate my birthday. I was really surprised she said yes. Wow! We spent the whole day chatting in person this time at catching on our life stories after college. We went out for coffee after dinner and chatted a little more. When we finally went our separate ways I decided to update my emails and there in cyberspace our paths crossed again... knowingly or not, consciously or not, it didn't matter. What mattered was we were still talking, chatting and as the exchange of info went on... I once again ended up with a decision. This time I know what I want. I'm fickle-minded no more..

1 comment:

  1. great! i think this is a good start for you. hopefully you will be good friends again. who knows? it might be a good start for a relationship. good luck!

    ReplyDelete